|Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate||APPLY NOW
|Tuition Free Universities in Canada||APPLY NOW
|Canada Study Visa||APPLY NOW
|Canada Holiday Visa||APPLY NOW
|Canada Work Visa||APPLY NOW
|Move to Canada With Family||APPLY NOW
|Canada Permanent Residence Permit||APPLY NOW|
Mesothelium is the tissue that covers the inner lining of our internal organs and abnormal cell growth on this tissues results in a health defect called cancer which is known as malignant mesothelioma.
So far, it has been recorded that mesothelioma is the most dangerous form of abnormal cell growth (cancer) which can lead to instant mortality. Depending on the stage of this ailment, there are available treatment but majority of patients with this type of cancer can not be effectively treated and cured.
There are different types of mesothelioma cancer depending on the organ’s issue that is affected. The most commonly affected tissue is the mesothelium of the lungs which is known as pleura therefore called pleural mesothelioma.
The abnormal cell growth around the tissue of the abdomen is known as peritoneal mesothelioma while other mesothelioma affects tissues surrounding the male testicles and the heart also.
There are different symptoms of mesothelioma depending on the organ’s mesothelium being affected i.e the signs and symptoms of pleural mesothelioma is different from peritoneal mesothelioma.
This type of mesothelioma affects the tissues of the inner lining of the lungs and it has the following noticeable signs and symptoms:
1. Chest pain.
2. Painful coughing
3. Shortness of breath
4. Unusual lumps of tissue under the skin on your chest
5. Unexplained weight loss
This kind of mesothelioma affects the tissues of the inner lining of the abdomen and has the following noticeable signs and symptoms in the patient:
1. Abdominal pain
2. Abdominal swelling
4. Unexplained weight loss.
Mesothelioma affects other organs of the body. The cancer of the heart is called pericardial mesothelioma with pains in the chest and difficulty in breathing signs and symptoms. There is also Mesothelioma that affects tunica vaginalis which affects tissues of the inner lining of the testicles with swelling or mass cell growth signs and symptoms around the testicles.
Report to the Hospital:
Kindly report to the hospital to see a doctor if you experience persistency in the signs and symptoms mentioned above. Although the above mentioned signs and symptoms may be caused by other ailments as mesothelioma is hardly seen and recorded. If you have been exposed to asbestos before, ensure to inform your doctor as asbestos exposure are the major causes of mesothelioma.
Causative Agents of Mesothelioma:
Cancer surfaces when cells multiply abnormally and accumulates to form a tumor. These abnormal cell growth, multiplication and accumulations result from the changes or mutations that occurs in the DNA. This mutation in the DNA instructs the cell of the tissues to grow and multiply and accumulate rapidly to form lumps which results in mesothelioma cancer.
The actual causes of the initial trigger of the mutation in the DNA molecules that leads to the abnormal cells multiplication and accumulations is yet to be identified but researchers have revealed that contributing factors include choices of lifestyle, immediate environment, working environment, and genetic inheritance.
Possible Mesothelioma Risk Factors:
1. Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos has been identified to be the primary rust factor in the occurrence of mesothelioma because most of the occurrence have been linked to exposure to asbestos. Asbestos are naturally occurring minerals that are found in our environments. The fibres of asbestos are strong and heat resistant which makes it very important in many applications like flooring, brakes, insulation and many other useful products needed for life.
During the process of mining the natural mineral Asbestos or during the process of breaking down an insulating layer, the asbestos dust is produced. Whoever is in that environment can be potentially exposed to these asbestos particles through inhalation. When these particles are inhaled, they settle in the tissue linings of the lungs. It takes upto 20 years or even 60 years before the case of mesothelioma surfaces.
Majority of miners who are exposed to asbestos dust do not develop Mesothelioma. This is evident that there are other possible factors included in the development and manifestation of mesothelioma condition. It could be as a result of inheritance of genetic materials prone to cancerous cells which can easily be manifested with little or no exposure to asbestos dust.
Other Risk Factors of Mesothelioma Include:
1. Asbestos Exposure History: This is very common with people who works in mining companies and visits mining sites more often. They’re always being exposed to the fibres of asbestos which causes the mesothelium disease.
2. Living with Asbestos Company Workers: If you live with someone who works with companies that uses Asbestos for their activities, there is high chance of getting contaminated with with Asbestos fibres which can lead to mesothelioma. This is because these workers can come with Asbestos fibres on their skin or clothes and long time exposure to these materials can result in mesothelioma.
3. Contacting from Family Members: If a member of the family have Mesothelioma disease, there’s high chance of other family members contacting this disease. This could be through genetical transfer of the disease or through other means of contamination.
4. People who undergo therapy by the use of radiation mechanism to the chest are at a high risk of having mesothelioma. This is because of some dangerous radiation particles that can trigger the DNA and change/mutate the gene’s instructions to abnormal multiplication and accumulations of cells.
Deadly Complications of Mesothelioma:
When the accumulation of this abnormal cell growth becomes too much in the lungs, it begins to spread throughout the chest region through to the heart region. This then lead to chronic conditions that have no cure and can lead to instant death of the patient. When this happens, you notice some deadly Complications including:
1. Difficulty breathing.
2. Chest pain.
3. Difficulty swallowing.
4. Pain caused by pressure on the nerves and spinal cord.
5. Accumulation of fluid in the lungs and chest region.
How to Avoid and Prevent Mesothelioma Occurrence:
The best way to avoid and prevent the occurrence of mesothelioma is to totally avoid exposure to asbestos fibres since it has been identified to be the major causes of mesothelioma.
Most of the cases of exposure to asbestos fibres were recorded by workers who work with asbestos related materials. Some of these workers include:
1. Asbestos miners
6. Shipyard workers
7. Demolition workers
8. Brakes mechanics
9. Selected military personnel
10. Home remodelers.
Ensure to always ask your employer to be sure if your work will involve interaction with Asbestos materials. This information will help you to prevent yourself from inhaling and contacting these Asbestos fibres.
If the work involves the use of asbestos materials, ensure to always follow the precautionary measures put in place by the company to avoid inhaling asbestos fibres which can result mesothelioma and death subsequently.
Some of the the precautionary measures may include the use of protective coats, ensure to put them on at all time while at work. Other measures include taking a shower and washing up properly before going for lunch break and also washing up properly before closing from work to avoid taking these asbestos particles home with you.
Flooring of your home involves the use of asbestos materials. Always ensure proper flooring and don’t attempt to break them up at any time by yourself as this activity will raise Asbestos dust that can be inhaled leading to mesothelioma condition. Ensure to hire an asbestos expert to examine your home if there are asbestos fibres flying in the air you breathe in your home.